Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Privacy AND a matte finish... - 05-22-2009, 05:39 AM

Stumbled across 3M's Privacy Filter for notebooks and thought someone else might be as interested as I am...

Shop 3M: 3M PF14.1W Widescreen Notebook Privacy Filter

Just like a clear screen protector, this can be cut down to size, since they don't sell anything smaller than 14in-ish. Not that the screen is large enough for onlookers to onlook, but sometimes privacy is a concern while computing in says it's reversible for a glossy or matte finish, which might be a nice change. Anyways, just wanted to share...have a great evening!!
  (#2) Old
Default 05-22-2009, 02:12 PM

Heck - I think you could make two screens for the Mini9 out of one of these. I have one for my work laptop and they do work, but dim the screen somewhat. Not really a problem on the Mini9 with its bright screen.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Default 05-22-2009, 05:53 PM

Agreed... we bought a couple of them for work and I was surprised at how well they worked. They narrow down the viewable area VERY effectively. But as holmes4 says, at the reduction of brightness.

Never though about carving one up though...
  (#4) Old
Default 05-22-2009, 11:21 PM

Well, it appears they DO have an 8.9" version as well...or at least they've recently released it, or will be releasing it soon. I can't find a price on any of their pages...

3M US: Computer Filters: Frameless Notebook/LCD Privacy Filters

According to their info, like some of their other screens, it has an "Easy on easy off attachment system", so you could apply it only when you know you'll need it. I used to work in an office that had these on our monitors, and totally agree that you lose some brightness with them, the old saying can't have your cake and eat it too

« ZAGG invisishield 50% off this weekend | stock WLAN card is speeds »