Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#11) Old
Default 05-20-2009, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by mistabusta View Post
Mine also arrived today with a 1gb RAM stick.

I like the feel of the trackpad a lot more than the one on the Mini.
The trackpad is nice, I don't like the smooth kind. Its a little jumpy though, just a little,.
  (#12) Old
Default 05-21-2009, 09:41 AM

Yeah - come to think of it, I think mine had a 1Gb stick in it also (I definitely ordered a 8/512 on 4/19 for $199...then they dropped that option), but I had already got a 2GB crucial stick and a 32 GB runcore SSD drive waiting so I swapped everything out and put OSX on it - and it is SWEET!!

Great little machine.

Total tax, shipping, and cost was $374 for Vostro A90, 2Gb crucial, 32Gb runcore + cost of Leopard ($129).

Ordered 4/19, orginal ship date was 5/19. Got a delay email last week with plan delivery 5/27, but it showed up yesterday 5/19 anyway- YES!!
  (#13) Old
Default 05-21-2009, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by scirio View Post
EDIT/UPDATE: Sorry my mistake. I guess after years of computer competency and savvy I have reverted to a newb. It wasn't a 16GB at all. I just am not familiar enough with Ubuntu, or Linux for that matter and when i went to the Disk Usage utility (or whatever it was called before I hackintoshed it) it said something like "7.51GB used | 8.2GB free" wtf, why'd it say that? I guess I will have to order that runcore afterall fail.

LOL, I made the exact same mistake! A couple of others here as well. I did get 1GB RAM, though, when I ordered the 512k model, so that was nice.

« Stock mini - time to upgrade- 99% disk space | Help with wireless and sound drivers for Mini 9 »