Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

(#21) Old
Retired Mini user
Default 05-19-2009, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by dchao View Post
LOL - you Win 7 lovers - Windows 7 is NOT on the list, it's not officially released yet.

When Win 7 is officially released, it will be overshadowed by Snow Leopard very quickly. It's nice to see MS playing the catch up game.
If you're going to argue that Windows 7 is not on the list, you might as well drop any OS not intended for installation on the Mini 9. Ubuntu 8.04 or XP should be the only choices.

Snow Leopard overshadow Windows? Pass that bong over here. For an OS that isn't officially released yet, Win7 supports the hardware alot better than anything on the list from initial install.

Getting an iPad
  (#22) Old
Default 05-19-2009, 01:48 AM

I was going to vote but none of the options are what I like/use. I'm a hardcore Slackware user, but I'm currently using gOS to get a new taste of Ubuntu. Why am I not using Slackware on the Mini? I've 4 other systems that Slack is installed on and I wanted to try something a bit different than even the typical Ubuntu. Loving it so far!

Obsidian Black Dell Mini 9n | gOS v3.1 Gadgets | 1gb RAM | 32gb SSD | 1.3MP camera
  (#23) Old
Default 05-19-2009, 06:33 AM

windows 7, vlited
  (#24) Old
Default 05-19-2009, 02:15 PM

I am in the peculiar position of voting for XP despite being a longstanding hardcore Mac aficionado who bought a Mini 9 specifically to install OS X. Trouble is, I had a shaky install that resulted in no Wi-Fi and no Bluetooth. On reinstalling XP I realised that it was actually perfectly OK, in fact very good, for a netbook and there really wasn't any point in going for an unsupported OS. OS X is a far, far superior OS for home use but on the train XP will do just fine!
  (#25) Old
Default 05-20-2009, 08:25 AM

GNU/Linux is the preferred OS for all the machines with me and running Arch Linux on 3 laptops now installed it on Dell mini 9.

« How can I read the old threads in this forum? | Buying Dell Mini 9 on Ebay......Refurbished / New? Warranty Issues? »