Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default is Dellmini9 good for OSX iphone Development? - 05-04-2009, 06:17 PM

Hi Everyone,

I searched around and couldn't find anyone talking about this so I started a topic to hopefully get some feedback. I want to try out developing some apps for the iphone but I don't have access to a mac. I do have a 8GB dellmini9 that needs to be upgraded if I want a cheap alternative to develop on. The main question is this, will the dellmini9 be a good platform to build iphone apps on (ie able to run the iphone emulator without too much chugging)? I intend to upgrade (with retail osx + 2gb RAM + 16gb STEC upgrade)? Also do you guys think would apple block my app submission because i built it on a dellmini9?

I'm primarily on my tripleboot(xp/vista/ubuntu) PC, but I'm hoping to run the upgraded dellmini9 (VGA output to my 19") + run Synergy so I can do work with my normal sized keyboard on both machines (PC on another screen) [has anyone tried this??]. As I'm still a student I'm hoping to keep things cheap hope to hear from you guys soon. Hopefully with this setup I'll have a portable dellmini9 mac to bring around + make able to be hooked up to my current PC setup for dev purposes.

Currently macosx retails for AUD$150 here, whilst a mac mini retails at AUD$1049. So hope you guys can give me some good feedback about this.

« 10 MB Linux on Dell Mini 9 (Tiny Core Linux) | My experience with a Dell Outlet Mini 9 »