Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Running Spore on a Dell Mini 9 - 05-03-2009, 08:16 PM

I managed to get Spore running on my son's Dell Mini 9 and thought I would summarise what is required. Firstly you will need to install the A05 bios and reload the default settings to increase the video memory to 128MB. To install Spore you will need about 3.5GB of free disk space and the same again to install the latest patch as it makes a complete copy of the game files. With my 16GB SSD I needed to compress the file system in order to free up 8GB of spare disk space before I could install the patch. I recommend installing the FlashPoint driver before installing Spore as it speeds up the installation of the game and also the patch.

I recommend installing 2GB of RAM to play Spore - it will play in 1GB with Windows XP but there isn't much spare memory and without a paging file you run the risk of running out of memory while playing. It also seems to be necessary to run Spore on AC power - on battery it takes much longer to start and it doesn't seem to render the graphics correctly. Once the game starts you need to change the video settings to 1024x600 resolution and restart the game. You are now ready to play - at low settings it works reasonably well without too much lag when playing.

- Simon.

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230

« Another BLUETOOTH question- Dell mini 9 os 10.5.6 | 10 MB Linux on Dell Mini 9 (Tiny Core Linux) »