Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Larger SSD than expected... or not - 04-29-2009, 02:23 AM

Ok, so here is the deal. My wife's mini came in today and she was playing around on it a little bit and finally I get a chance. I have a 16gb runcore sitting over here and a 2gb ram card on it's way so I am curious how it works "stock" before I upgrade it. I start poking around the system monitor tools (my first time with ubuntu so just kinda explorin'). I found some interesting looking things with the ssd. I found the disk usage and when to see and I have more space free than I should have total on the drive!!!! On disk usage it says I have 13.8 total gb with 8.9 free.

I then went to find some other way of looking at the drive. With System Monitor under system I have 4.1 free and under file systems I have 2 identical looking drives, which I know is impossible.

Properties on the drive says what I would expect, 4gb free. So what gives with the disk usage and the double drive reading?

Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot.png (48.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: png Screenshot-1.png (55.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: png Screenshot-2.png (45.3 KB, 45 views)
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Larger SSD than expected... or not - 04-29-2009, 02:44 AM

You have one 8gb drive. What you are seeing is just the way it is partitioned. It shows you have a 8gb drive that on this drive it has one partition that takes up the whole drive with a little over 4 gigs free.

Dell Mini 9 - 2gb RAM - 32gb RunCore - OS X 10.5.7
Please use my link to sign up for your FREE 2GB DropBox

« Mini and tv? | Which Operating Systems do you have on your Mini 9? »