Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Video chat with Dell mini.. to mac - 09-29-2008, 06:27 AM

Well, i have been pulling my hair out for a bit trying to find a video chat that work well with macs (my girlfriend's) or for pc. I discovered a couple of tutorials and i thought i'd share what worked for me on my mini.
First you'll have to disable some firewall settings :

Go to Start > Control Panel > Security Center > Manage security settings for: Windows Firewall > Exceptions tab> add or check UPnP Framework as an Exception. Select UPnP Framework and click the Edit... button. Be sure that both the TCP 2869 and UDP 1900 ports are checked and listed as 'Any' under "Scope."

If the Scope of each port is listed as 'Subnet,' click the Change scope... button, and select the 'Any computer (Including those on the Internet)' radio button. Do this for both ports, and then save the changes by clicking the OK buttons. Simple, right?

I used, it doesnt download anything to your comp ( you need to go to and get a screen name) but it worked well.On rare occasion a bit echoey,but its free, and it works. Just tell the other user to go to meebo and do the same if there on a pc, but they don't have to do anything if they are on the mac side,as far as linux... im not sure but it should it work.

« Dell offers triple Nectar points | Complete Care »