Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Smile osx panic on install - 04-17-2009, 06:28 PM

Ok, so I am in a vulnerable position where the computer just might win, and I cannot let that happen so i must turn to you all for advice.

I have a mini 9 with 2gb memory and 32 gb ssd. I am trying to install os x on it, which was the goal when i purchased it. I am currently getting a panic on the install, prior to any disk partitioning etc. Here is where i am so far:

I have two 8gb flash drives.
One has the contents of DellMiniBoot123v8.02b1 extracted onto it and made bootable with syslinux
The other has iDeneb_v1.4_10.5.6.iso which was 'installed' to usb through the recovery process in osx disk manager.
Bios settings have been verified that sleep is disabled, legacy usb is enabled.
I can press 0 to boot from usb, and drive one takes off (i see if flashing)
I get to the boot prompt and can hit escape and type in 81 and get the option to boot ideneb (second drive flashing)
I have run ideneb with -x -v -f at various points but doesnt make a difference
Ultimately i end with a panic in SMBIOSResolver about 5 seconds after starting boot off second flash drive

Am i making a blatently obvious boo boo in my process here? Suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance,
  (#2) Old
Default Re: osx panic on install - 04-17-2009, 07:16 PM

Sorry all, i realized i posted in the wrong section of the forum. I will repost under operating systems. Do not reply here, thanks.

« DELL Mini 9 manual | New Dell mini 9 Owner any advice to the newbie »