Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#11) Old
Default Re: I-Tunes on the mini 9 - 02-13-2009, 07:27 PM

Not sure if you guys have gone to but they have a "definitive guide to copying content from your ipod to your computer": ... o-computer

Not sure if it will help with your problem but is where I go for help with any itunes/ipod issues. The users there are extremely helpful with anything ipod related.

Dell Mini 9. White. XP. 1.3 Webcam. 2GB Ram. 64GB RunCore SSD
  (#12) Old
Default Re: I-Tunes on the mini 9 - 02-13-2009, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dunhamzzz
Originally Posted by medicThree
Been using it since the day I bought it. I was even able to use it to listen to shared music from my desktop with little problem. Itunes isn't exactly the worlds most demanding program....
.....your joking?

My main computer (which isa beast) sometimes fails on loading the GUI theme!

I loveApple and all, but HATE the way they deliver software, with they're annoying "updates" which are just a reinstall, and the way it throws various icons/control panels around for stuff you don't use or didn't ask for.
I second that. My main PC at home is a Core 2 Duo Q6600 with 8GB RAM and pretty much a barebones XP install and iTunes runs like a dog on it. I eventually switched over to MediaMonkey and never looked back. It even syncs up my iPod Touch 2G better than iTunes ever could.

My 2c.

Dell Inspiron 1750, T6600, 4GB RAM, Wireless N
  (#13) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default Re: I-Tunes on the mini 9 - 02-15-2009, 01:59 AM

I'm using Songibird now, tho it won't play mr DRM music (on linux) GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#14) Old
Default Re: I-Tunes on the mini 9 - 02-16-2009, 04:40 AM

I havn't tried to load Itunes on my mini. I have the nasty thing on this desktop and detest it. It takes long enough to load that I could go to the kitchen and fix myself a sandwich and eat half of it while it loads. (No shortage of horsepower on the desktop either) And then, and then, and then - my printer crashes. Figure THAT out. I just use itunes to download a couple of podcasts and convert them to something that will load to my phone for later listening. No boughten music or anything like that so no DRM. Just a slow loading glitchy program.
  (#15) Old
Default Re: I-Tunes on the mini 9 - 02-16-2009, 12:07 PM

Here's some advice that some use with the itunes,
when you already downloaded your itunes onto your dell 9, open up preferences and change the location to your local external sd/sdhc card so that all music files are directed there under a specified "itunes music" folder and does not use up any space on your hard drive. Mine turns out to be driver (D

hope this helps

Black Mini 9 - 16 SSD - 2GB Ram - 1.3 Cam - Bluetooth 2.1 - Windows XP

« Mini 9 vs Eee PC 701 | Screen brightness »