Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Web Browsing on the Mini with Opera - 04-01-2009, 12:21 AM

I have just configured Opera for my Mini, and I am very pleased with the efficiency of space that I have acheived. Opera has always been my browser of choice and with a few tweaks I can pretty much view pages in full screen without sacrificing functionality.

A power user, Tamil, has provided a button that lets you browse in full screen mode but keeps the tab and address bars at the top. Scroll bars and the status bar are optional (I declined). More so, there are several skins that are designed to minimize the footprint of the toolbars. Together, I am now browsing with only a 1/4" of non-content area, and I don't have to switch modes to type in an address or pick a bookmark. It rules.

Full screen hack.

Small Opera skins.

My current setup:
Note that I have also set the address bar to only appear when needed, and bookmarks appear when I click on the address bar.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot.png (236.8 KB, 53 views)
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Web Browsing on the Mini with Opera - 04-01-2009, 01:37 AM

I, too have been using Opera exclusively on my mini9 for the last several months and love it. Chrome seems faster, but not having a full screen option makes it a no-go for me. I also tried Safari and it was very fast, but I found it to be the least intuitive as far as changing settings. For example, I hated the times roman font in the address bar, but after spending 45 minutes trying to figure out how to change it, I just gave up and uninstalled it.
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Web Browsing on the Mini with Opera - 04-04-2009, 11:11 PM

I used the fs hack, put it to a new mousegesture. It's great! Didn't want to sacrifice the standard Mac look though, so I'll just waste a few pixels and run the standard tab and adress bar... (Edit: sorry, didn't realize that this wasn't in the OSX section... so this point may not apply to all here...).

Another great thing with Opera on a netbook is Opera Link. Bookmarks, history, notes, etc, sync.

I'm a Opera user since far back.

« The Mac OS install error | What is the best place to buy a base model? »