Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#11) Old
Default Re: 32gb SSD Dell Standard quality/speed? - 03-27-2009, 08:30 PM

you could also PM thewalt, who answered you yesterday, and ask him to elaborate, as well.

i think answering your question about the 32gb stec is fair when others comment on their stec drives. Amazingly, they are both SSD and they are both from the same manufacturer.
So your new analogy isn't so good. daycare, honda civic mileage, and other things aren't made by stec, ssd drives, or found in the dell mini. so that bit is just silly.

i am sorry to hear that not being able to get the answer you want is frustrating. usually, when i can't get the answer i want, i take it on myself to find the answer. Buy one with the 32gb drive and try it.

if you were to read between the lines, and see the positive statements about the 64, you could correlatate that the 32gb ssd is probably comparable to the 64 and the 16. i know thats not as exciting as someone specifically telling you exactly what you want to hear, but truth be told, if you've posted on three boards and can't find an answer until now, maybe it was the question you were asking.

to answer your original question more exactly:

"and am wondering what the overall consensus is on the quality of the stock 32gb SSD in relation to the 16gb?"

it is newer and twice as big.

« 2 different LCD bezels? | just bought another mini off the outlet for my mom »