Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

(#11) Old
Default Re: If you ordered from the outlet, post your satisfaction level - 11-06-2008, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by nollie
Ordered mine on 10th September and it took 10 days to arrive.

I voted satisfied - it came in an adequate amount of time and arrived in the condition I expected to be in.

Their customer service is another thing completely I'm afraid.

You ordered from the outlet on september 10th?? Sure you didn't just order from Dell direct? Why would an outlet order take 10 days to arrive?
  (#12) Old

Originally Posted by nzomatrix
I am overall satisfied with my Dell Outlet purchase. It came brand new. Only minor that I didn't like was it didn't come in the cardboard dell box that normally comes with it. It just came with everything packed into the shipping box.
Same here....came in a small generic box with no additional padding. Besides that, everything else was good! Took 3 days from ordering to get to my door....not bad!

Is this service better and faster than buying new?

Dell Mini Inspiron 9 (910) Obsidian Black, A05 BIOS, 2GB RAM, 32GB Runcore SSD, Bluetooth 2.0, 1.3MP WebCam, OSX 10.6.1 Snow Leopard
  (#13) Old
Default Re: If you ordered from the outlet, post your satisfaction level - 11-07-2008, 06:14 AM

The Mini was my 3rd purchase from the Outlet, and our 5th system purchase from Dell. I previously have ordered an XPS410 (which was a "scratch & dent" that turned out to have no damage to it) and an Inspiron e1505 (certified refurbished) for my fiancée when she had an unfortunate accident with the screen on her original one.

Just the same as the prior purchases, the experience was fantastic. I did have some difficulty finding the machine I wanted (I kept clicking Mr. Filter Results) due to purchasing in the same window as the 15% off coupon last week but I managed to get an awesome deal the day after that coupon ended (Obsidian/512MB/16GB SSD/No Camera/No BT/Ubuntu for $329). The "No Camera" option was my primary requirement and it was especially difficult to come across but I wanted to be able to take it to work with me (no cameras of any sort allowed).

The only issue I had was that now on the DPA I had to call in to place my order through the Outlet (whereas when you buy from "regular" Dell you just login to your account and you're good to go).

I ordered on Thursday the 30th late in the afternoon with Next Day shipping and DHL had it here on Monday (though I missed delivery and had to wait until Tuesday). Came in the standard Mini 9 shipping box that was in all the wonderful unboxing videos (though it had been previously opened).

I ordered my 2 GB G.Skill CAS 4 DDR2667 and had it before I even had the Mini, and today I received my kluged together USB CD/DVD kit ($36 shipped + tax from Newegg using some fantastic deals they had going on yesterday). (And Newegg is great because they are only 150 mi away so I always get my stuff (as long as it ships from their City of Industry, CA warehouse) the next day). All that remains is to install Windows on it which I may now not have time to do this weekend since I will be working now. I'd keep Ubuntu on it but I have some software for one of my classes that only wants to work in Windows (I've been fiddling with it using the free Crossover Office Pro that I scored on their freebie day last week but have thus far been unsuccessful in getting the program - Arena 10.0 - to work).

Not sure yet that I will skin it though I found some neat ones on the site linked in the skins thread in the accessories forum on here. Also not sure about a case yet. Dell's got a huge sale on cases that I posted about in the accessories forum earlier today - maybe I'll pick something up there. We shall see.

Matt || Inspiron Mini 9 || 2 GB G.Skill RAM || 16 GB SSD || Windows XP Pro SP3

« Portable Movie Player? | Overheating? »