Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Accessing wifi internationally? - 03-24-2009, 04:46 PM

Hey folks:

One of the reasons I am buying a MIni 9 is for a trip that I am taking to Australia later this year. I live here in the states, and this may be naive, but I want to make sure that I'll still be able to access wifi in Australia. Do they use the same channels and frequencies that we do here?

The only reason I ask is that I am a musician as well and know that friends who have traveled overseas have had to acquire different wireles smodules for their instruments because of the difference of frequency usage in their destinations.

Are there any precautions I shoudl take to make sure I can access wireless signals internationally with a Mini? Thanks!

(#2) Old
Default Re: Accessing wifi internationally? - 03-24-2009, 05:02 PM

I believe wifi is well-standardized in most countries. There are subsets of channels that are preferred in different countries, but any hardware should be able to use any channel, and the Mini's wifi would detect what channel is in use by the access point where you are.

Mini9|Obsidian Black|2G ram|32G Runcore|OSX 10.5.7
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Accessing wifi internationally? - 03-24-2009, 06:15 PM

I don't know about Australia but my wife is in Portugal right now and has had no problems connecting to the hotel wifi.

« Boot from USB, Install From SD? | How do you use your Mini9? »