Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Two freeware essentials - 03-14-2009, 01:53 AM

I find two freeware's essential additions to my new Dell Mini 9: a disk activity LED-like taskbar indicator that works perfectly with SSD's and another taskbar little icon that displays network activity as graphing icon.

Networx is easy to find latest version, provides both taskbar window and optionally large graphing bar in empty space of IE menu bar. Selecting dark backround and yellow/red for graph lines makes easy to see little window working.

hdi pro is out of distribution, I've uploaded the tiny 196kb exe, just create folder for it [attachment=0:31t325dy][/attachment:31t325dy]and put in Programs. A shortcut added to Start/Start Up User's folder loads it on boot.

Little Red LED easily seen on light taskbars, choosing Yellow LED stands out on dark taskbars.

Both utilities are VERY low resource demands and provide vital visual processes input. Works with all versions Windows, XP to 7.
Attached Files
File Type: zip (190.3 KB, 214 views)

Black Mini 9 (free with DSL package) | 2GB Patriot RAM | 32GB RunCore | 16GB Transcend 6 SDHC | TWO internal 16GB microSDHC on USB controller | EETI Touchscreen | Windows XP
  (#2) Old
Post Re: Two freeware essentials - 03-15-2009, 05:46 AM

Thanks for the cool app.

(#3) Old
Default Re: Two freeware essentials - 03-15-2009, 01:39 PM

There so many FREE apps they are hard to mention. If you can think of something you want to do then a little searching and you'll find a program to do it. I am more about productivity and automation. I tried 1000's , some I kept and most I dumped.

I guess my most productive is adding a " search " option to the right click menu. Any thing you can " Highlight " you can search with one click. This # 138 from "Kelly", Kelly is a legend in the XP world. One thing I like is reversibility, always have a back-up or restore available in case you don't like changes you make.

Highlight > Right click > choose search. ... nstall.exe

Two Good Places to start.,2806,23,00.asp

XP Tweaks

All Right, one little free app.

One More, " Startup Cop " Easy to Start and Stop programs loading on start up.,2817,1559944,00.asp
  (#4) Old
Default Re: Two freeware essentials - 03-15-2009, 05:19 PM

One of the most over looked Free apps is Microsoft's Free NT backup utility. It was made to work with XP seamlessly.

It has been brought to my attention the the XP version has been REMOVED from Microsoft. The program is ( ntbackup.msi )

It is on the XP home disk ?: \VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP

Sorry if I created and confusion.

« Can you use Slingblox with the Mini | Question about the Ubuntu boxes (Menu's) »