Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default offering preconfigured Minis for $299.99 - 03-13-2009, 09:02 PM is now offering the Dell Mini 9 preconfigured for $299.99 with free shipping in your choice of 2 colors:

The only difference I see with this and the Sam's Club deal for $245 (and, well, choice of 4 colors, not just 2), is that the configuration comes with a 1.3MP webcam vs. a 0.3MP webcam. Is that upgrade alone worth $54.99?? For any that are interested, the Sam's Club deal for some reason is still on....

Just a note on the Sam's deal....I don't usually go for extended warrantees, but when I bought my Mini 9, I did also pay an extra $39.85 for Sam's 3-year warrantee extension, giving me 4 years of coverage. The Sam's Club Service Agreement has no deductibles or hidden fees. If you sell your Mini 9 or give it as a gift, the plan is transferable to the new owner. If your Mini 9 fails after 3 identical repairs, it will be replaced with a comparable model, or a check will be issued for its full value. I was thinking: "What will the netbook market be like in the Spring of 2013? What kind of nice machine will have replaced the Mini 9 and is playing that Lotto worth $13 a year?"

Here's the rest on the Dell Mini 9 Service Agreement from Sam's website:
"All eligible repairs are fully covered for 3 years after expiration of the manufacturer's warranty. And, if we can't fix it, we'll replace it for free. This plan covers parts and labor costs resulting from mechanical or electrical failure of the product caused by defects in workmanship, materials, and/or normal wear and tear, including those caused by power surges. We will repair the product, reimburse you for authorized repairs or replace the product by issuing a check, voucher or cash card (at our discretion) when required due to a breakdown, including those experienced during normal wear and tear, which is not concurrently covered under any other warranty, service plan or insurance policy."

« Flying with the mini... USB charging? | I've just joined the Mini 9 club! »