Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Config options via phone order - 03-12-2009, 09:49 AM

I just ordered a Mini 9 last week (scheduled to arrive 25 March), and I was surprised to find out that if ordered via phone, there are a lot more configuration options available than on the Dell website. I've alwas wanted a mobile broadband enabled netbook, but after doing some research in this forum (thanks guys!), I found out that there are versions shipped with and without the WWAN connector. So I called the German Dell hotline simply to ask if it would be possible to include at least the socket. And the answer was: not only that, they also sold me a 5530 WWAN card for 60€, which I think isn't too bad considering on eBay Germany they sell for 180€...

(I've also looked at the outlet but there is no German version nor do I know if I can order from US or UK stores...)

Point is, via phone you have much more flexibility to configure the Mini. Also, you can haggle - having missed the 50€ discount beginning of the month, I still could convince the sales guy to charge me 20€ less.

« change the color of windows xp login | Case Cracked - return to Dell stripped »