Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Dual Boot XP and OS X via Boot Camp? - 03-01-2009, 06:44 PM

has anyone tried this?

I am thinking (logically?) that with a 32GB + SSD I can Use the methods in the other posts to install Leopard, then use the included bootcamp software to partition the SSD and make a small partition for wind0ws xp. [my GPS software needs windows, =( ]

Has anyone tried this method for dual boot?

if not, maybe I can be the first to document this method. (Doubt it, you guys and gals seem to be pretty on-the-ball on these forums) But I couldn't find a previous post about this, so leave me a link if it has indeed been tried before.

I am also wondering if anyone has the 64GB SSD configured from Dell and knows the performance specs on the drive. Still trying to decide if I should wait for the RunCore to be back in stock.

Thanks all.

ps. don't know if it will be helpful, but I am a certified Apple Tech, so if anyone has any questions on the OS X side, maybe I can be of use.
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Dual Boot XP and OS X via Boot Camp? - 03-02-2009, 01:09 AM

Multiboots of OS X and XP (and Linux!) on a mini 9 has been accomplished. I'm the last person who should explain it, but there are several threads about this if you go up to the "Forum" level and drill down through "Operating Systems:Mac OS X," it's all there.

Good luck!

« Mini 9 for a travelling web developer | Micosoft Office One Note and RAM upgrade? »