Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Ableton Live 4 And Dell Mini 9 - 02-25-2009, 08:56 AM

My Mini 9 arrived today from Dell(14 days from order) and it ran brilliantly from the start. Multiple instances of IE with
youtube running in the background.

Downloaded the audio program Ableton Live 4 and began my investigations.... So far I have found that two audio tracks, one being fed real time drum midi sounds triggered in "Impulse" from the keyboard, and the other being fed live audio at 44.1 khz at 34 milliseconds of latency under the ASIO4ALL ASIO driver I downloaded, with two instances of reverb on the live audio channel, is completley possible and very exciting as a limited lab type usage of Ableton Live.

Maximum cpu usage on the Ableton meter reached 50% and on Task Manager, 25% for live and 25% system process.

The only major issue occurred when I dragged devices around while the sound was running and the the program became inoperable with the Ableton meter shooting up and the sound becoming garbled. If I stopped Audio, the program does not crash when I perform device dragging or waveform manipulations or editing.

My question is whether the actions that cause the crashing are SSD drive write functions that may benefit from installation of the Runcore SSD. Can anybody address this?

Tomorrow I will install Reason and test the use of some modules. Also I will provide updates on the use of Ableton on the Mini 9. All in all im am very impressed with this little computer.
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Ableton Live 4 And Dell Mini 9 - 02-25-2009, 10:05 AM

If you're running Windows XP, you can run the "Performance" thing under "Administrative Tools." From a command prompt, it's:
%SystemRoot%\system32\perfmon.msc /s
Play around with the settings. There are many, many things you can track. That will probably give you the answers you're looking for.
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Ableton Live 4 And Dell Mini 9 - 02-25-2009, 03:39 PM

Hi, Please give us your tests when you get a chance, I've installed ableton live 6 and seem to see a lot of lag, and skipping, so i wasnt sure if that was CPU issue? or a SSD issue.

« 512MB to 2GB RAM | Dell mini 9 game screen »