Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Free Vodafone Mini 9 differences? - 10-21-2008, 12:06 PM

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has got hold of one of the free vodafone Dell mini 9's yet in the UK.

It's obviousuly got the second PCI-e slot in it, that powers the 3G card, where the version on Dells Site doesn't.

But it also seems to only be avilable with the 8GB SSD.

Are there any other drawbacks of hardware differences between the max spec version on the UK dell site and the free version available from vodafone? as in is it limited to only 1GB or RAM etc or anything unexpected?

Am about to move my phone to vodafone so am going to talk a sales guy into giving me a good deal on a phone and 3G subscription, with a free phone and dell mini

Just want to make sure i'm not getting a stripped down rubbished up version, where i could just pay £299 for the decent one

On top of that i'll have to buy a decent SSD, does anyone know if the MMD SLC 16GB drive is faster than the current STEC 16GB drive?

I'm not sure how much i trust MMD, and don't want to be stuck with a slow 8GB drive for ages until a more know brand releases one.

Any thoughts guys?

(#2) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default Re: Free Vodafone Mini 9 differences? - 10-21-2008, 01:34 PM

I'm going to be ordering the mini through the vodafone deal within the week or so, an SSD is first on my list of upgrades,I will most definitely be reporting back what I discover

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Free Vodafone Mini 9 differences? - 10-21-2008, 04:01 PM

Ordered mine last week, still awaiting delivery.

Yes, only 8GB SSD unfrotunately, leaving about 3.5 gigs free for "stuff".

I'll be upgradingt his as soon as poss. 32gb SSD's available for < £100 now. Those prices are only going one way... d o w n !!

Tip: If ordering then do what I did and get it via Vodafone Business. Its £250 + VAT and £12.50 a month for 3GB. Also remember to go via Quidco ( for £74 cashback!

« Extra battery now an option Dell Site | Differences between my Mini and the unboxing videos »