Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Wlan problems - 02-20-2009, 04:52 PM

I'm trying to connect to my router using windows rather than the Broadcom software.If I use the Broadcom software everything is ok connects fine.If I use the windows connection software after diableing the broadcom software it shows the connection but when i try to connect it just sits there saying acquiring network address.I've tried uninstalling the broadcom software and just using the drivers and its the same.I want to use the Windows connection so I can share drive and printers on the network which I cannt do with the Broadcom software.Any help woulds be appreciated its driving me mad lol
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Wlan problems - 02-20-2009, 06:04 PM

it's always tough trying to sort out wifi connections and/or router issues - can be a multitude of different issues.

But since you can connect with the Broadcom software, the router setup should be ok. More information would be helpful, such as the type of encryption you have on the network. I have used both Broadcom and windows without any problems.

One suggestion - Open Network Connections, right click on the wireless network connection, hit "properties", tab across to "Wireless Networks" then find your wireless networks in the "Preferred Networks" box and REMOVE it. Then try connecting again and entering your key (and make sure you have the right key!!) You won't believe how many issues I have solved for friends and colleagues with this. Worth a shot, or maybe you tried it already.

Vodafone Dell Mini, Black, Windows 7 , 2GB RAM, 32GB Runcore SSD, HSDPA modem, BT, 1.3 MP Webcam
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Wlan problems - 02-23-2009, 03:32 PM

Seemed to work.Thankyou

« SDHC Question | Video Memory Tweaks and A04 »