Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#11) Old
Default Re: Dealnews: $199 Ubuntu Mini 9 - 02-18-2009, 04:02 AM

I jumped on this deal too, cant beat $185 to start. I added the 16gb SSD for $70,junk webcam cuz i just wanted it for $13 more (7% off because of discount) so 285 with tax. Ordered 2gb ram from newegg for $22 with free shipping. Estimated arrival date is several weeks from now, does it normally take this long?

I see an Acer Aspire One for $299 with 1gb ram, 120gb HD, windows xp, color blue at a local store. I'm tempted mainly because of no waiting, I'm not patient and big HD is nice too.
  (#12) Old
Default Re: Dealnews: $199 Ubuntu Mini 9 - 02-18-2009, 04:18 AM

I played with an Acer Aspire One at Walmart, and I couldn't stand the touchpad. It seemed like I had to drag my finger with some serious force to get it to go anywhere. I thought maybe too many hands had been on it, but the one at another Walmart was the same way. Maybe I just saw two bad ones, who knows...

I also got to use a mini 9 at Best Buy, and I was impressed. Granted, I immediately noticed the funky keyboard layout, but I don't plan on writing any major code or a novel or anything, so I think it will make a fine armchair web computer I also had my hands on an HP mini 1000, and in terms of looks, it beats out all of them. The Dell's battery life and price won me over though...

« Refurbished Drama | Fix for scratch in grey plastic near touchpad? »