Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#11) Old
Default Re: Stickers on the bottom wear out quickly - 02-13-2009, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by cookiemonster
If you still have the Dell software installed, you can get your Service Tag from there.

The software that gets your Windows Key is Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder. Note that unless you've done a clean install of Windows (during which you would be asked to type in your key), all Dells (with Windows) come with the same key installed. So, don't be surprised if your version of Windows is using a different key than the one on the sticker.

running ubuntu
  (#12) Old
Default Re: Stickers on the bottom wear out quickly - 02-13-2009, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by murfy++
running ubuntu
In that case, you don't need a Windows serial number. As I mentioned earlier, the service tag is displayed in the BIOS menus.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#13) Old
Default Re: Stickers on the bottom wear out quickly - 02-16-2009, 01:32 AM

I ripped all my stickers off the day I bought my Dell Mini 9 - right before I installed OS X on it!
  (#14) Old
Default Re: Stickers on the bottom wear out quickly - 02-17-2009, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by huckmank
This has happened to every laptop I've ever owned. I now just put clear packing tape over the important ones and trim it to look good with a knife.
I did the same thing as well, when I saw that they were getting worn so quickly.

When you first get in your mini Just pick up a roll of packing tape and use an exacto knife following the lines that are already there and you should be good to go.

I agree that it's weird how they can't use something that you think would have some type of coating to protect from rubbing off. Might cost them another .5 cents.

Red Dell Mini 9, 64GB Runcore ssd, 2GB ram, os X 10.5.6, bluetooth, camera. The Dell mini is the greatest thing since sliced bread!

« New Mini 9 user for a week | Psycho Wife No Match for Mini9 »