Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Thanks for all the great information! - 02-09-2009, 11:52 PM

You people are the BEST!!

After my wife took over my first new Mini 9 I ordered one for me on Wednesday morning. I received my stripper, (4gb/512/Ubuntu), Mini 9 on Friday afternoon. While waiting for the Mini I ordered a RunCore 64 and 2gb of Kingston memory. I also nlighted a XP Pro/XP3 CD.

Today, Monday, I received both the RunCore and RAM. Thanks to all the good information I gathered here I literally had the hardware installed; connected to my USB CD and installed XP Pro; activated the same within 95 minutes. My boot-up time is 31 seconds from power switch to functional desktop. My installation is a little heavier than most because my network is in the process of migrating from Netware to Active Directory and that requires a few more of the networking components.

The only thing I messed up on creating my XP Pro disc was failing to integrate the RealTek network driver. I had that stored on my thumb drive and it was easily corrected.

I really do appreciate all of the wealth of knowledge I've gathered here in a very short time.

Mini 9=Black/64gb RunCore SSD/1.3 camera/Blue Tooth/2gb RAM/WAN Card Slot and running XP PRO

« Returning my Mini 9 | Computer "on" with lid closed »