Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Lights? - 01-28-2009, 09:50 PM

I just got my Dell Mini today (refurbished)...WOW -- fast shipping! I plugged it in to give it a good charge and no lights turn on. I haven't powered up the computer yet -- just curious if when the power is turned off and the computer is plugged in should a light be on (all my other laptops have one).
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Lights? - 01-28-2009, 10:11 PM

If you have the AC adapter plugged in to the Mini, and the left light is off, that indicates the battery is fully charged. If the light is solid while AC is connected, then it is charging. If that same light flashes, the Mini is in Standby mode.

Taken from the Dell Mini Quick Start Guide:

Power indicator light – Turns on when the system is powered on.
The light operates as follows:
On AC Adapter:
Solid white – The computer is on, off, or in hibernate mode, and the battery is charging.
Flashing white – The computer is in standby mode.
Off – The computer is off or in hibernate mode and the battery is adequately charged.

On Battery:
Solid white – the computer is on.
Flashing white – the computer is in standby mode.
Off – the computer off or in hibernate mode.

And for the battery light (on the right):
Battery status light – Flashes amber light to indicate that the battery charge is low. Connect to an AC adapter to charge the battery.
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Lights? - 01-31-2009, 05:53 AM

I remember thinking 'I plugged it in, why isn't there a blasted light?' But I just tried to turn it on anyway, then checked the battery later after the setup process. Learn by doing.

Fallstar: Nice and helpful. I've been curious about the light. Reading the instructions is a good idea. I never do. Thanks!

« "Mini 9 has a better screen than MBP | Dell replaced my dead 16GB SSD with a new 32GB SSD! »