Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default How can I clear my computer disk space? - 10-24-2013, 08:30 AM

OS is windows8. When I try to download something or just run some programs, a warning would show up and said that I have low disk space. The best effective way to clear my disk space/ How can I clear my disk space? I also wonder a simple disk defragmentation could do something. Many thanks.
  (#2) Old
Default 10-24-2013, 11:11 AM

Is your computer a Dell Mini, model # ? How big is your hard disk & how much space do you have left? I don't think the defrag program will help you much as it runs automatically for you since Win 7. It also takes some free space in order for defrag to run. You should consider storing files that you use occasionally in cloud storage. Microsoft has a nice one which you can access any time you are connected to the internet. For files which you don't use often or want secured by you, get an external hard disk storage device or just make one yourself. Newegg sells hard disks & the external enclosure to put them into.

You might start thinking about getting a larger hard disk or just limiting what you download & keep.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |

disk cleaner, windows8

« ubuntu 12.04 on my mini 9 | Need suggestions for a SSD »