Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Need Windows 7 Dell Mini 9 Drivers Links... - 09-05-2012, 10:05 PM

Hello, I have installed Windows Thin PC in my Dell Mini 9 and it works great and fast but sadly, I Have some problems in my device list:

2 Base System Devices (Dunno what they are since I already installed JMicro from Dell Mini 12 drivers)

and in devices my pc appears marked with an exclamation (it needs a driver that isnt found with windows update) and I cant use the chipset driver of vista for dell mini 12.

Can anyone that has windows 7 in their DELL MINI 9 link me to all the drivers that they are using?

I Can't seem to use battery meter (FN+f3), it stops working (closes the software), FN+f2 changes wireless/bluetooth mode as expected but I do not feel that my install is good.

Please link me to all drivers including camera and 5530 HSPA Mobile for windows 7.

Thanks in advance! This community looks great and I'm sure that I will help others in need too (if is something that I can take care of)

Best regards!

EDIT: I tried to follow the ultimate driver list here on mydellmini but with no luck since they didn't work/links dead

Last edited by dddcm; 09-05-2012 at 10:09 PM.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 09-06-2012, 02:23 AM

why not just go to the Dell site, MOST of the XP drivers work for Win 7 also

PS. Welcome to the forum.....

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#3) Old
Default 09-06-2012, 07:31 PM

You need the Battery Meter/Wireless Switch app from Dell as linked from the Ultimate Drivers list. If the links themselves don't work - and I agree that Dell has moved things around - go to Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States] and get them from there.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#4) Old
Default 09-10-2012, 12:19 AM

Thanks for the help guys, I made a .rar with every driver that I used with windows 7.

First I tried xp drivers but the result wasn't very good.
Now I have a very perfect dell mini 9 using windows 7.

I will post the .rar with all the drivers tomorrow.

Thanks again!

« The BEST ChromiumOS build for the Mini 9? | Bricked Mini 9??? »