Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#31) Old
Default Re: Refurbished Drama - 02-18-2009, 03:49 AM

Hello all - I've read the place a bit, but this is my first post. Posting this from my (new to me) refurb 9 ($220 after coupon - 8GB/1GB) and so far it's been an enlightening experience in minimalist computing. I'm somewhat shocked at the Mini's snappy Windows performance, though the 8GB drive is pretty cramped.

Anyway, it's been flawless so far, with the only clue that it's a respiffed machine being the green sticker on the bottom.
  (#32) Old
Default Re: Refurbished Drama - 02-18-2009, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by apstguy
I bought a refurb and it has been working flawlessly other than the front panel lights do not work properly. The battery light does not work at all and the power light comes on if it is charging (when off). It is annoying but doesn't ruin any functionality. I'm sure I could turn it in and get a new mobo in it, but it doesn't bother me that much yet. When I started it up the first time, it acted like the first - I had to setup XP (not like other that have had previous owners data on it).
It is normal for the power light to be on when the mini is off and charging. As for the battery light, it only comes on when your battery is low...around 10% or so? I don't remember the exact level. Don't worry, seems like your lights are functioning like they were designed to.

« What panel is the LCD? | Dealnews: $199 Ubuntu Mini 9 »