Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Cracked lcd replacement frustrations - 09-08-2011, 04:13 PM

So clumsily fell asleep on my dell mini 9 and the lcd cracked.

Ended up buying a new lcd off ebay for around $50
Whoever made the mini 9 design those connector tabs are a pain to pull out and reinstall. So during the lcd reinstall i seemed to have damaged the tabs of the vga connector cable and power button one. No problem, i call up dell order the parts. The power button one cost over $30 and the vga cable over $25. Ive done everything and still nothing powering on, all i got was 1 beep. So at this point no idea what to do, invested almost $100 in the new screen and parts.
Is there any online dell mini repair websites that people have used? At a fairly decent price. That i can send it in?My dell mini is out of warranty from dell so thats not an option. At this point i still might have a fixable dell mini 9, but would be spending an additional repair costs which might be a minor job if i knew why its not powering on. Factoring in repair costs + already $100 spent i could just buy a new dell mini .Any suggestions?
  (#2) Old
Default 10-28-2011, 06:14 AM

The same thing almost happened to me when I was replacing my screen. I'm not sure if there is any cheap alternative besides trying to find a mini for parts and hope the mobo still works. If you want to buy a new Mini I have one for sale. You can PM if you'd like

« We want your photos! | Battery »