Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#21) Old
Default Re: Mini 9 Survived 3 Foot Fall - 01-20-2009, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ducman69
I had purchased about 10 of these, and its just luck of the draw.

What I did on all the ones that were even a tinsy bit loose (just use your thumbs to see if you can make it move at all) is get a thin strip of black electrical tape and put it in the battery slot. This material is a little more squishy and has higher friction than glossy plastic. It'll make the battery fit very snug while still allowing it to slide in and out easily if you have a spare.

I didn't find it necessary to apply on both sides of any of the batteries, so just put it on the slightly loose side if you have one.
Thanks, I was thinking about trying something like that. I'll definitely try out the electrical tape.
  (#22) Old
Send a message via MSN to kelvin911
Default Re: Mini 9 Survived 3 Foot Fall - 01-21-2009, 02:37 AM

anyone try to drop the mini from the second floor? i wonder if it will survive a 10 feets drop?
  (#23) Old
Default Re: Mini 9 Survived 3 Foot Fall - 01-21-2009, 03:11 AM

My Mini 9 also survived a 3-foot fall from the kitchen center island directly onto the tile floor. It was in hibernate mode and in a thin neoprene sleeve.

I fully expected to see a cracked screen or a dent SOMEWHERE, but the Mini came out unscathed. I am very impressed with the build quality.
  (#24) Old
Default Re: Mini 9 Survived 3 Foot Fall - 01-21-2009, 06:58 AM

lol I just had to comment on the picture from the other page. when I read your first post, I was is this possible.

The picture does justice, thats like such an unluckly mini roll
  (#25) Old
Default Re: Mini 9 Survived 3 Foot Fall - 01-21-2009, 04:18 PM

Mine dropeed about 2.5 ft onto cold hard tile. On its corner near the screen hinge.
slipped out my hands as i was getting up, and i freaked of course.

Checked it and the screen hinge cover piece snapped. Small dent on the corner of it, but hardley noticeable. And the screen bezel popped up a bit.

Popped the bezel back in, glued the plastic hinge piece back on, and booted up. nothing wrong. still working strong!

great little thing

« How do I know if my mini has limitation on 1GB ram or not?? | Where to buy Dell Mini 9 online »