Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Dual booting Mac OS X and Windows XP on my dell mini 9 - 09-22-2010, 12:25 AM

I have a 32 GB SSD dell mini 9 that currently has Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6 installed. I am interested in dual booting it with windows XP.
I used this method: iFrankie » Dell Netbook Dual Boot - Mac OS X & Win XP
No success there. It seemed like it would work, theoretically. If you didn't click on the link, I basically booted from my OS X usb drive, but didn't install. I went into disk utility and partitioned the solid state drive, formatting the WIndows partition to NTFS.
Then, I installed WIndows XP to that partition (Mac not installed yet) but WIndows XP wouldn't install!
After trying it so many different ways, I tried just installing Wndows Xp without dealing with two partitions with Mac, etc. I couldn't even install Windows XP alone!

I heard of Grub. And that is all, pretty much. Can anyone give me a link to a guide or some instructions on how to install Grub on the MBR and how to dual boot? Thanks a bunch.
  (#2) Old
Default 09-22-2010, 02:04 PM

There is a whole section of this forum on Dual Booting, with guides for setting it up. Grub is typically not involved.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

dual boot, hackintosh, mac os x, windows xp

« USB Sleep and Charge? | 2 year old Dell Mini9, need to reinstall WinXP, how? »