Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Service code???? - 01-07-2009, 07:17 PM

While I wait on hold with Dell I thought I would relay a problem with my mini 9. It came from the outlet store and was one that someone ordered and returned without using. Problem is it has 2 service tags and express service codes. The one on the back relates to a Vostro Notebook 1510 when I go to download drivers. The one when booting into windows has one that refers to a Inspiron 1501 which when I downloaded the BIOS luckly it wouldn't load and didn't hurt the Mini. Thats when I realized that the service code didn't match the computer. So now I'm on hold to find out whats up. Anyone else that bought from the Outlet store have this problem?
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Service code???? - 01-07-2009, 07:38 PM

A lot of the first round builds had a problem because Dell forgot to change the service codes when they cloned the SSDs. I don't know about the 1510 vs the 1501 you're talking about but mine displayed a different service code when I booted it the first time than was on the bottom of the Mini. Dell told me the one on the bottom was the service code and I believe they changed the one on the SSD while they were connected and messing around with my Mini.
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Service code???? - 01-08-2009, 12:56 AM

my outlet one is working just got it a few days ago'.

« New Options at Dell | Just ordered my Mini with 64GB »