Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#11) Old
Default Re: Who got their Mini from Dell outlet? - 01-04-2009, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by coasterg
I'm curious how long it took Dell Outlet to ship your Mini?

Ordered mine on 1/2 (Win XP, 1gig, 8gig SSD, camera and software - Obisidian Black) and I've seen shipping estimates from 1/6 to 1/14 on my order. And that's with paying for overnight shipping.

Going to give them a call tomorrow and see if I can find out when the shipping will actually be - if its 1/14 I'm canceling and reordering, knowing Dell it could show up on my doorstep Monday and the order status would still read "Shipping 1/14".
Ordered on Janurary 1, shipped January 3 (standard), so I wouldn't worry about it too much. But why would you need to cancel and reorder?
  (#12) Old
Default Re: Who got their Mini from Dell outlet? - 01-04-2009, 06:21 AM

My experience with Dell, having ordered multiple systems and accessories, is that the update page is typically way behind what is actually happening. I've only had one wait for an item, and that was an external HD that was sold out and on backorder. Even it was delivered well ahead of the stated anticipated ship date. I don't think they list the systems in the Outlet until they've been checked, certified, and boxed ready for shipment. Then all they do is slap the delivery label on them and call the carrier. I ordered mine around 1 p.m. and it was delivered before 10:30 a.m. the next morning. Of course, it shipped from Nashville, went to Indiana, and then came to my office in Knoxville.

Also, the shipping date is system generated. It goes by a set formula in their software tracking system which probably takes into account the holidays, etc. If you ordered from the Outlet, I'd say you'll have it quite soon. Just my opinion, but I do have some experience in dealing with them. Good luck.
  (#13) Old
Default Re: Who got their Mini from Dell outlet? - 01-04-2009, 12:39 PM

Thanks for the help! I've never dealt with the Outlet, only the business side and they have been very quick for me (usually). And I've read all kinds of stories ranging from great experiences to the horror genre so the uncertainty doesn't help.

« Mini9 Purchased in USA; usable in UK & Europe? | slot in Battery Compartment »