Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default FN + 8 or am I going nuts? - 01-01-2009, 05:14 AM

I could swear that when I was first playing with my Mini on Christmas day, when FN +8 was pressed the screen changed 90 degrees. I thought that was a great feature since you could read a Google book on what looked like a normal book page.
Well today the FN +8 simply causes the screen to flash. From my reading on the Dell web site it seems that the FN +8 function is to switch the screen to an external screen not rotate it 90 degrees.
I also thought I read that there was a problem with FN +8 where once it was used it would no longer function but now I can't seem to find that article or message.
So the question is am I going nuts or is FN+8 suppose to switch the view 90 degrees?
I emailed Tech support and he had me flash the bios but that didn't help and I really don't think he had any idea of what I was talking about.
BTW I did find in Control Panel the interface for switching the view angle of the screen but it seems rather cumbersome, Anyone know a qucker way?

(#2) Old
Default Re: FN + 8 or am I going nuts? - 01-01-2009, 06:01 AM

Use ctrl + alt + arrow keys to rotate the display. FN + 8 switches between the mini display and external displays.

« New skin for Mini 9 | Looking for Dell Mini 9 Ubuntu help ? »