Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default WIFI is suddenly intermittent - 04-14-2010, 06:54 PM

Over the past month, my Mini9 has been exhibiting inconsistent wifi connection. I've installed Dell's Ubuntu restore OS, as well as OSX, and the problem is the same with both environments. It'll initially connect then loses signal completely after about a minute. Subsequent reboots re-activates, then loss of signal results soon thereafter. I suspect my card may be fried, am I able to "upgrade" or replace this card, and if so, where might I find this beast. Thanks in advance!
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 04-14-2010, 11:08 PM

have you tried to change the channel on your router, you maybe picking up interface from nearby, I had recently been getting a poor signal, it would drop down to like 5.5Mbps or even 1Mbps and I was ALWAYS getting 54Mbps, I changed the channel from 6 to 11 and now I get a steady 54Mbps, maybe my neighbor in the house next to me installed something new...dont know but changing the channel did the trick...just an idea....

PS. Welcome to the forum...

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#3) Old
Default wifi issue - 04-15-2010, 12:28 PM

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I tried that to no avail. Tried to connecting to my neighbours ssid and same stuff. Searching the forums, it seems that re-installing XP and downloading the wifi application from Dell may resolve the issue. Time will tell, thanks.
  (#4) Old
Default 04-17-2010, 06:32 AM

Try to update the firmware, especially if you are using a third party firmware like dd-wrt in your router.

Additionally check your antenna wires, make sure they are secure.

Sounds to me like a firmware issue on the router.

« Mounting the SDHC on the A90/Mini 9? | Bluetooth Remote »