Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Talking Way to get Much Faster IO performance with 2 Gigs Ram - 12-28-2008, 06:26 AM

So I have used this program on my old dell 710m Seemed to help a little so when I go my mini9 nine thought I would give it a try. I was happy to see it made a nice improvement in performance. I can now open 8 tabs surfing and not have it lock up on me while I am waiting for the SSD to keep up. The program is eboostr the idea is that you can cache data on a thumb drive or system memory and help speed load times by taking the load off your hard drive. In my case I have 2 Gigs of ram and let eboostr use 800 I figure that system memory is going to be the only thing faster than the SSD however you can use system memory along with a SD card and or a thumb drive. I think the latter might be more use full if you were using a regular hard drive in any case you can download the demo for free see if it helps you as it did me they have a new beta where you can assign what programs have priority to the cache it makes it very fast when you open and close the same program again.
Edit I stand corrected I put a 4 gig SD Extreme II card in and it got faster still must have a way to read form them at the same time! good times!

« Disabling startup items in Win XP to save resources | Uncompress Windows »