Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Possible to use system restore on a mini 9? - 02-27-2010, 10:10 PM

When i enable system restore on my mini 9 and make a restore point. It deletes it later on. I assume its because there is not enough room to keep it.

System restore has saved my bacon in the past and I would like to have a single restore point saved so I can restore my system if i should have a serious virus infection.

Is this possible on the mini 9?

I am using xp. With everything pretty much stock on the mini 9. I DID however get a 16mb sdhc.
  (#2) Old
Default 02-28-2010, 08:47 AM

I'm not sure about only having one system restore point.

However, what I do is make a whole system image and store it on an external backup drive. I guess in theory it works the same, by having a working backup, but it's more trouble than sys restore. And it's only really handy if you aren't installing a lot of software.

You can change the size of the space allocated for system restore (System Properties > Advanced System Settings > System Protection), so through that you might be able to manually limit it to one restore point.

« Can't find touch screen kit for mini 9 anymore, will the kit for msi wind u90 work? | Service Contract $101 Worthwhile?? »