Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#11) Old
Default 01-25-2010, 03:03 AM

thanks for the help. ill give it a shot, if i get no luck might have to send it to dell and pay for them to fix it. it'll probly take them 45seconds and cost me 45 grand but hey ho =)

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

also, just out of curiousity, does anybody have any idea how much dell charge to reinstall windows if the computer isn't under warranty?
  (#12) Old
Default 01-25-2010, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by compillit View Post
My dell was working fine. It doesn't have a cd drive, think it has a floppy (its in the attic but i can check if needs be).
a floppy? i didnt think any computers came with those drives anymore. the computer in question is a mini9, yes?
but regardless of the computer, once you boot up, there are usually 2 keys you can hit before the OS boots (usually it's f2 or del..on the mini9 i think it's 2 and 0). one will send you into the BIOS, and the other will send you into boot options. you can always rummage around in the BIOS to make sure every looks normal. then you can always try hitting the other key and see if you have an option to boot in safe mode? i dont see that option in win7, but i think it's still available in xp?
i hope at least one of our responses has helped..

blue screen, reinstall, system error

« Regret in buying Mini 9 - Resell it? | How do you access the restore partition on a Mini 9? »