Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Lightbulb Changing the DPI setting solves small screen issues - 01-01-2010, 12:46 AM

Wow, you know what I've just discovered?! That changing the DPI setting from "Large size (120 DPI)" to "Normal size (96 DPI)" actually solves a few issues that I had on my netbook (in particular, the issues that were result of Dell Mini's 9 inch monitor); for details see this post of mine that I posted in a thread on Ars OpenForum about the difference between DPI setting and font/windows title sizes.

For instance, with previous DPI setting (120 DPI) I was not able to access all the tabs/features in SpywareBlaster program (its window has a fixed size/isn't resizable) because its window occupied the whole screen area. While now with DPI setting set to 96 DPI there's still like 3 cm left (meaning not occupied) on the left/right side of SpywareBlaster's window, and 1 cm at the top/bottom of the screen. So this is pretty cool!!

Greetings, satyr

Check out my website at this address: if you are maybe interested in my computing-related articles, discoveries, hints, principles, and rules.

dpi settings, font size, small screen, windows title size

« What size should I get? | miracle to play youtube and other flash videos »