Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Just ordered my Mini 9 - 12-17-2008, 09:52 PM

Hey all,

First post, and all that jazz...

I had been wanting a netbook for a while, and had been considering the MSI Wind, until all those Dell flyers in the UK started to appear a few weeks ago, It was here I first saw the Mini 9. £279 for the Linux version seemed good at the time, but I didn't order, just kept it at the back of my mind.

A few days ago, I found this site, and had been reading a lot of the posts, and thinking about it again. So I checked out the Dell website, and made a decision to go with the XP version, as my main computer runs Vista at the moment, as although I have played with around with Linux, I've never been really comfortable with it. It also gave me the option to get the 1.3 megapixel web cam as opposed to the 0.3 one, goodness knows if I'd hardly ever use it, lol.

But the price has dropped quite a bit!!! I ordered a Black, XP, 16 Gb SSD, as standard and the complete price including the free shipping comes too....

Yes, only a smidging over £250, they have accepted my order, and I noticed that the funds are earmarked for coming off my bank account, I wonder if they will get it here before xmas, hahaha I doubt that.

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting my sweaty mitts on my new toy, and taking it apart, well eventually, lol

(#2) Old
Default Re: Just ordered my Mini 9 - 12-17-2008, 10:12 PM

Welcome to the club

Modding the Dell Mini 9 Part 1 & Part 2

DELL MINI 9 | A05 | 10.6.1 | 8GB SSD | 1GB RAM

« My Mini Dream has turned into a Oversized NIGHTMARE | Dell Mini 9: A girl magnet..?? »