Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Speed up your windows Mini 9 with eBoostr for free - 11-22-2009, 05:00 AM

The purpose of eBoostr is to create a cache using extra ram and/or flash devices, in order to speed up your system. For XP systems, it is a substitute for Windows ReadyBoost. But it also works on Vista, and they are in beta testing for a Windows 7 version.

The latest version of eBoostr 3.01 for Xp and Vista is free, with the proviso that it will only work for 4 hours since your last boot. Not an issue for me.

I installed it a few days ago and my mini seems to boot faster, but it also shuts down slower. Also in the last couple of days I installed the new version of Flash. Consequently, I can watch Youtube videos in HD just as smoothly on my Mini as on my quad core desktop.
Give it a try and see what you think.

Boost your Windows PC performance
  (#2) Old
Default 11-23-2009, 04:41 PM

HD videos in youtube or HQ? What Mini do u have?

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 / Custom XP Pro SP3 / 2GB Mushkin RAM / 4GB Stock SSD / Mini BT USB Dongle / 16GB Class 6 SDHC
  (#3) Old
Default 11-23-2009, 08:46 PM

a magic mini ...or maybe he's telling us that flash sucks so bad that his quad core box can't play back hd flash video any better than an atom with a barely passable on-board shared memory video chipset.

mini 9 : Debian Unstable : 2GB ram : Atheros wifi

eboostr readyboost

« HELP! have messed up my resolv.conf and wvdial.conf | STEC SSD stressing »