Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#11) Old
Default 09-30-2009, 07:27 AM

From Engadget comment section:

Just an FYI to everybody out there that may not know this. Microsoft is selling Windows 7 Upgrades AND Retail versions of the Home Premium and Professional versions to STUDENTS ONLY for only $30. This can only be done via telephone by calling 1-877-MY-MS-STORE. All you need is a valid school email (.edu) and a credit card/debit card for ordering over the phone. This is an AMAZING deal and let me repeat, it DOES include the FULL RETAIL ($200/$300) 32-bit and 64-bit of the Home Premium and Professional versions of Windows 7. The Ultimate version is not included for whatever reason. I ordered mine today and it will be shipped out on October 22nd.

Hope that helps you.

Black Mini9 2gb ram 64gb ssd Win7 7100
White Mini9 2gb ram 32gb ssd XP Pro/Ubuntu 8.10
Dell Dimension E510 Xp MCE/Win7 7100
Dell Dimension 8400 Win7 7100
  (#12) Old
Default 10-04-2009, 02:19 PM

Anyone looking for an install disc. Microsoft sells replacement OS install discs for the price of shipping (which is 5 bucks). IMHO this is a much better option then buying the Dell branded OS install discs from Dell, as they are usually 40$ or more. Then you just have to download and install the drivers, etc from Dell's site.

They currently have upto Vista x64 avail, but (I'm sure) will make Win7 avail soon after release.
  (#13) Old
Default 10-08-2009, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by bmcclure937 View Post
if you illegally install XP so that you are able to take advantage of a Windows 7 "upgrade" then you are basically illegally obtaining an upgrade of Windows 7.

I do not care how you word it, but that would be illegal. You can do what you want, I honestly couldn't care one bit, but I am just pointing out that your logic is flawed and that would still be illegal.
My bad. I assumed that he was having problems installing a full copy of Win 7 as I was a while ago.

Everything's Blue, Everything's Blue In This World, All Fuzzy, Spilling Out Of My Head.

« Tried to Kill my 9 today... | TetherBerry with the mini 9... »