Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Send a message via AIM to turtle
Default how to tether mytouch 3g to my mini 9 - 09-22-2009, 01:14 AM

i see a couple of threads stating how to tether via bluetooth. But i dont have the bluetooth chip.

im looking for a option to tether my new mytouch from tmobile to my mini . andriod and the mini9 should have something to work with each other. i dont have my phone yet it will be here on the 30th but i want to be prepared to use it on the go.

is it a lot easier to just buy and add on the BT module. i dont know how hard that is ive done the SSD and ram install
  (#2) Old
Default 09-22-2009, 05:18 PM

I tether my m9 to my G1 quite often now!
The catch is...that I rooted my phone. Once I had done that it was silly easy to do. It actually can tether via bluetooth or via a little wifi-hotspot, pretty cool stuff.

heres an article that contains most of the stuff I followed: Five Great Reasons to Root Your Android Phone - Android rooting - Lifehacker

I did use that rooting app that is done. I then installed the latest cyanogen rom (although i dont think you need to if you just want the tethering app).

Shrug, hope that helps ya.

Mini9 - Win7 RC - 32gb Runcore - 2gb Kingston HyperX - Bluetooth - 16gb SDHC class 6 - Psyopper case

..::Play Ultimate::..
  (#3) Old
Default 09-22-2009, 06:36 PM

I'd recommend you take a look at PDAnet (PdaNet -- Use your Android as a USB Modem).

I'm an iPhone owner, so I'm not familiar with how well it works on Android phones, but on the iPhone PDAnet is the best option after the tethering trick that got nuked in OS 3.1. Allows (perhaps even *requires* based on the snippet) USB tethering, which is the best option from a battery perspective. It's not free, but I found the iPhone version good enough to cough up for.

« Do you use an stand while using your Mini 9? | why is my mini 9 slow on starting up and opening programs? »