Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Void Warranty? - 09-03-2009, 01:09 AM

I know there is a thread or two about this, But I want to be sure and also mentioned something new.

Dell said that if i didn't buy parts from them then warranty voided, I think that is crap.

Secondly I purchased an accidental damage warranty. It was 175 dollars, FOUR YEARS! so i figure that is worth it, But i want to upgrade Ram and SSD,

any thoughts? I had to ask for the warranty, and its seems worth it
  (#2) Old
Retired Mini user
Default 09-03-2009, 01:12 AM

You can upgrade the RAM and SSD, just understand that they are not responsible for them if you didn't buy them from Dell.

If you have a failure in the next four years, you'll need to reinstall the original SSD and/or RAM to prove it's not your upgrades that caused the problem to get warranty service.

As for buying a four year warranty, that was probably a mistake, considering how fast technology is changing and how cheap these netbooks are. I woulnd't have bought one for more than two years, tops (and that's for netbooks I buy for the family -- for myself one year is plenty.)

Getting an iPad
  (#3) Old
Default 09-03-2009, 01:13 AM

I was debating it,
2 years was 140, And with these accidental ones, In 3 years they will just give me an upgrade, if it goes bad, So i should keep original ram and SSD around then? Thats what i was thinking.

Also bought a 64GB ssd so im excited
  (#4) Old
Default 09-03-2009, 07:37 AM

lol wish I had money like that to burn

There are no tamper proofing on the Dell mini systems so like WolfKeeper said, if it breaks just replace original parts and send it off

« 3 simple questions | Touchpads and keyboards 9 vs 10 »