Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Bluetooth-Issue: Is double-pairing possible? - 09-01-2009, 12:51 PM

I have MacOS X and Windows XP installed on my Mini 9 and built-in Bluetooth. Each time I switch the OS when I reboot, I have to pair my bluetooth devices (Jabra BT3030 and Apple Mighty Mouse) again. Is there a way not to pair the devices each time after switching the OS?

Thank you in advance
  (#2) Old
Retired Mini user
Default 09-01-2009, 01:48 PM

I believe you would need a headset capable of multipoint pairing.

I have a Jabra BT520 that lets me pair it with my phone and my Mini 9, no re-pairing necessary. I can even take a call from the phone while listening to audio from the Mini.

Even though you are pairing to the same machine, the software to create the link is probably generating different keys, making it appear as a different device.

Getting an iPad
  (#3) Old
Expert Member
Default 09-01-2009, 03:37 PM

I think its device dependent vs the OS. I have a Kennsington slimblade paired to both with needing to repair between OS's and the same goes with the BT 'headset' device I have attached to my stereo's iPod dock. But I don't have either of those devices.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral

« Office | RunCore 128GB PATA SSD Problem/Delete? »