Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Mini 9s seem to be on sale again... - 08-15-2009, 05:54 PM

(#2) Old
Expert Member
Default 08-15-2009, 09:46 PM

Yep, it seems Dell isn't above playing games like this to stimulate some sales.

Hey, they got ME for another 200 on the last "last sale", but at least I've got another Mini 9.

It's not like I'll be buying anything else from Dell any time soon.

Inspiron Duo: Win7 Pro 32-Bit, Intel 6200 Wifi Upgrade
Former Inspiron Mini 9 Owner, Modder, Enthusiast
  (#3) Old
Default 08-16-2009, 01:09 AM

This is amusing since they told me they were out of N270's last week, and told another forum member they were out of motherboards and screens for the mini 9 last week.
  (#4) Old
Default 08-16-2009, 11:12 AM

this is surprising, especially as I had a smash-bang up knock down drag out fight with an outsourced overseas Dell rep at the Order Status line when he tried to cancel my Dell mini 9 order and tell me that it would NOT come after all even though I had already ordered it a week ago and it was listed as "in production".

He also tried to get me to buy an "upgrade" to a mini 10. Once I had refused, he said that in order to alter my billing address (which I also tried to do) I would have to cancel my mini 9... and that then after I canceled it I would have to buy a mini 10 because not 9s would be available.

I was so angry... the nerve of that guy trying to rip my mini 9 and get hisself a sale!

btw... looks like the alternate color are now free with an XP install (still $40 w/ ubuntu).
  (#5) Old
Default 08-18-2009, 12:24 AM

Dell has handled the Mini 9 in a very stupid way. Once they discontinued the Mini 9's, they lost tons of potential new sales. What a shame for Dell and for the Mini 9 community.
If they were smart they would make some small improvements to the Mini 9 (like a bigger keyboard) and give it a slightly new name and re-introduce it. They should never abandon it.
  (#6) Old
Default 08-18-2009, 02:52 AM

They should make an extended battery and sell it for a $100+ a pop =). With their somehow infallible third party battery block, it'd sell like hotcakes.

« Download Windows 7 and Snow Leopard Backgrounds | Orb! »