Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#11) Old
Default 09-15-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by jaimegmr View Post
UPDATE 2: Ok, it seems to be booting up perfectly now. I removed the SD card I had in the card reader. I think I must have messed it up when I was trying to put a Memory Stick Pro Duo in there without the proper adapter and now it has problems with having the SD card in there while booting. It never had a problem before. :|

UPDATE: :x My mini freezes every time I boot now and I believe it is a problem with WIndows XP. I can boot in Safe Mode and I can also dual-boot into Ubuntu, but for some reason, Windows XP just freezes at the loading screen (with the scrolling progress bar). I swapped RAM and the problem is still there. Any ideas?

This has been happening many times recently. I just had it happen twice today. If I turn it off and back on, it will boot up fine. It freezes at the Windows XP loading screen. I think it froze at the "Dell" BIOS splash screen once a while back. I did the HDD LED mod, but I dont recall if the problem started after doing the mod. I'll try reseating the RAM and hope it doesnt happen again. I may be able to remove the HDD LED mod cleanly so that I can send it back in if I need to. Would be nice to get one back with a WWAN slot
I would only boot to Ubuntu until the problem occurs again. While I think it is a Win XP problem that a clean install would fix, the failure during the BIOS suggest otherwise. Use Ubuntu for a while & see if is Win XP.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |
  (#12) Old
Default 09-18-2011, 01:58 AM

I'm concerned about the SD card slot, with the problem you mentioned about it. Does it read cards with ubuntu? If not, once in windows I would uninstall/disable the SD card slot and see what that does.

« What can you upgrade on a Dell Inspiron 910 mini-series netbook? | Dell Mini 9 Sim Connector? Pics »