Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default OS X hardware/software requirements - 08-06-2009, 09:01 PM

I've ordered a new Mini 9 and I'm planning on installing OS X on it. I've spent countless hours here and have been able to find most answers to my concerns except this one. While I'm waiting the weeks for my Mini to be built and sent, I've been doing some research and was hoping to do some software shopping as well. However I'm not sure what the Mini can handle, so I was wondering if anyone knew what the Atom cpu is comparable to?(I will upgrade my memory to 2 gigs for sure!) I understand I can't run the latest and greatest, but what should I look for when I read those recommended hardware requirements on a software package? Thanks in advance, Mars
  (#2) Old
Default 08-08-2009, 04:32 PM

The Atom N270 is roughly comparable to an Intel Pentium M processor of about 1.6GHz. That is, typical notebook performance of four years ago. Given that you want to run OS X, you won't have much luck finding anything useful in software specs for Mac software. I suppose if something can run on the original Mac Mini, it should be ok on the Mini 9.

You'd probably get a better response in the Mac OS X section of the forum.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« Is anyone running Windows Server 2008 on Mini9 or A90? | Will not boot to usb drive. »