Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Unhappy more wireless - 08-03-2009, 04:21 PM

Hello everybody, today I was trying to update my dell mini 9 (hardy) and so added some repos in the sources list. Unfortunately I've added these which probably updated also my kernel and told me to reboot right after.
From that moment wireless has never worked anymore (it's a bcm4312)
What I think is that now it's using this version 2.6.24-24-lpia instead of this 2.6.24-22-lpia
Would it help to tell the system to use the old version? If yes, how can I do it?
Thank you!!
  (#2) Old
Default 08-03-2009, 05:19 PM

Just a thought, but you might get a better or faster answer over in the Unix/Linux forums: Operating Systems - Unix / Linux Forums at MyDellMini
  (#3) Old
Default 08-03-2009, 05:32 PM

Thanks for the reply.
I partially solved the issue a few minutes ago by editing the /boot/grub/menu.lst file changing the value of tiemout from 0 to 5 so I could choose the correct kernel at boot-time, then I crossed my fingers hoping to see wifi working again....and it did!!
So, I'm not sure if it can be useful, but using the 2.6.24-24-lpia broke my wireless configuration while the 2.6.24-22-lpia allowed me to re-use the wifi, the webcam and sound...while these last two are kinda easy to setup the wifi is really a I think I'll stick to that kernel version for now!

« can I exchange HDD with different OS on mini 9's? | Your Mini's Total Cost? »