Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default can't install nlited xp - 08-03-2009, 01:27 AM

oh my *%^*!!!!!!
the "simple task" of creating and installing an nlited xp has taken my over 10 hours, and I have NOTHING to show for it!

I used the xp home sp3 disc that came with the mini, followed a step-by-step guide, slipped in the slim xp drivers, and made my iso file.

then I put it in an external ide drive with a cd-rom hooked up, and I keep getting the black screen where "pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable" etc...

then I tried to make a bootable usb drive, and apparently, I can't do that either. it took forever to get something to work, and when I finally thought I had it, I get to the install area, choose the i486 option, it all starts moving...

BSOD - session3_initialization_failed

da--it!!!!!!!!!!! I try searching the error, and all the posts point to a bad cd or cd-rom drive. well, I am using an iso and flash drive...sooo...???? now what?

does anyone have any suggestions? I've spent the better part of 2 days trying to make my brand new mini 9 usable (storage space-wise that is), I am ready to return the mini, break something, my wife is really ticked because I've blown away the weekend staring at 2 computers with nothing to show for it. I am begging someone for some help...

« Finally getting Ubuntu 9.04 UNR to a satisfactory state | can I exchange HDD with different OS on mini 9's? »