Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default how i fixed a display problem - 07-05-2009, 12:30 PM

My hackintosh display was phasing in and out and eventually just went black. I was determined to find the problem myself and fix it.
I did a quick google search for mini 9 service guides and found it on dells site. They had detailed instructions for everything on this netbook.
First, to describe my issue with this computer, every time I would pick it up with one hand, and the pressure of my fingers press up from the bottom middle of the mini, the screen would just die out, go white with weird scanlines, or think the display is in sleep mode (barely visible screen with no light)

I opened the sucker up and low and behold, the display connector right next to the cpu was loose and eventually came off. I reattached everything and made sure all of the connections were locked, put it all together neatly like the way it was, booted up and it was good again. =)

I really did not want to send this back to dell.

btw this is my first post and my netbook config is 2gb, 64gb runcore, installed via usb and mac.
  (#2) Old
Default 07-05-2009, 01:53 PM

Well done! Welcome to the forum.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Default 07-05-2009, 02:11 PM

Yes, an excellent first post for a new member. Thank you for sharing your experience and solution.

Dell Mini 9 (96Gb) | White | SL 10.6.5 + Win7 Pro using EasyBCD 2.0 | 2G GSkill 667 RAM | No Webcam | BIOS A05 | 32G Runcore SSD | 32G SDHC (ext) | 32G SDHC (int w/ MR04 Card) | 1505 802.11n | Internal BT | Chrome Apple Logo
Dell Vostro A90 (96Gb) | SL 10.6.5 | 2G HyperX | 0.3Webcam | BIOS A04 | 64G Runcore SSD | 32G SDHC (ext) | and other stock features
  (#4) Old
Default 07-05-2009, 06:09 PM

this is an excellent computer. a total shame apple has yet to make anything like it. Other than my display hardware issue, this hackintosh has been a warrior. I made an iweb site, published it in one day, encoded mp4 video using visual hub, and also manage to play iTunes classical stations for my month old daughter (why this works so well is that there's no loud ass annoying fan like on my 13" macbook) It does everything well without severely getting overheated, and is also quiet.

Even though this is my first thread, I've surfed the forums and did the research before putting it all together. I got it right the first time and it's all thanks to everyone here. =)

dell mini 9 hackintosh, 2gb, 64gb runcore ssd, 32gb kingstone sdhc card design site photog site

« Picasa/ Fireworks solution for Mini 9? | Got a new "Upgrade" today! »